Does Email Marketing Still
As a marketer Email marketing can be one of your favorite tools, it’s not only a tool to send communication but also a tool to generate High Qualified Leads.
In this pandemic situation, email marketing campaigns are used extensively to send communication/updates to the customer base and generate fresh leads extensively.
Aha! People have got so much free time today that they check almost every email Today. But But But! Does it Work?
- The market has shown an increase in numbers of email campaigns executed in March, April, May 2020
- More People are opening Emails in COVID 19 Situation
- Email Campaign Execution: Time and Dates have changed
- Essential Industries, Healthcare Industries, Education Industries are sending Emails more than often
- Unsubscribe rate has reduced
- March 2020
- Average open rate: 21.7%
- Average click-through rate: 2.78%
- Average click-to-open rate: 12.8%
- Average unsubscribe rate: 0.13%
- Average bounce rate: 0.71%
- April 2020
- Average open rate: 21.2%
- Average click-through rate: 3.10%
- Average click-to-open rate: 14.6%
- Average unsubscribe rate: 0.14%
- Average bounce rate: 0.86%
Reports say the use of Email Marketing Campaigns have been increased it is extremely important for any company or marketer to Think on It! as a key medium in marketing channel during COVID 19
So how do you create a perfect email? How do you compel your users to take next actions so that you get more CTR
There are plenty of metrics/things you can consider for email optimization campaigns however I shall suggest a few
Here you Go!
1 ) Email Open Rate
Why it’s important?
The most important factor for improving your Email Open Rate, your user should get one-click attention about your entire message. Aka Awesome Subject Line !
Is it Value additional for Me? Think Think Think
How to Optimise?
Firstly your subject line should be Relevant to address user’s concerns. Don’t deviate from the topic instead use your niche keywords.
The personal touch, use of first names along with Call to Action would add more advantage
What are other things to look after?
- Personalization: It includes senders email personalization ( have official or name@domain id )
- Use the relevant optimized image in the content
- Call to action: users should feel motivated Remember value addition
2) Click-Through Rate
Why It’s important
It is probably a single most important metric to track, it tells you how good you are in writing emails. Usually, it is 1-2 % and sometimes it goges below 0.5%
How to Optimise?
- Write better CTA: User should get engaged
- List Segmentation: Divide your subscribers into a category, send a theme-based communication to each
- Device Optimised Emails: Check for Mobile-friendly content, specifically if you are using images in the main body. People open emails on mobile
- Clear Your CTA in first 25% of content-length: Convey users in initial few lines about what action they should take
- Stick to the intent of subject line and user category
- Be Simple: Don’t Complicate Things!
How to Optimise?
- Don’t buy email lists, people are scared to open emails from Unknown sources
- Look for Country Norms: If you are sending emails to other country people, some countries have very strict policies.
- Consistently Update List: Chek for Hard bounces, remove them from further email communications
It tells you how often your users are engaged with your emails. Simply if someone doesn’t find Value of your products/services. You are no use for them. Trust me They won’t Turn Back!!!
How to Optimise
- Value-Added Content: Always focus on other sides value addition
- Constant Engagement is the Key
- Make them to Say WOW! : The first impression is the last impression Always! To engage users by adding more value even more than they think (Cross The Expectations)